maandag 27 september 2010

A journey into the blogosphere

Early this morning I found myself to be the only soul sitting in the library. The personnel wasn't too excited to see the first "client" of the new academic year but that's probably because they didn't even have the time to drink their first cup of coffee in all tranquility. So when they started to put some of the books back on the shelfs, I was already reading "The European Union: Economics, Policies and History" by Susan Senior Nello in the hope to find some answers to a couple of very urgent questions: what to do with my future? Which road to take this year? Should I start working, finish the master I started or start afresh with a new program that would quench my thirst for knowledge. I'm inclined to chose for the latter option. Though before rushing into a decision I will first consult with the faculty's study adviser this afternoon. One thing is for sure, whatever choice I will eventually (have to) make, this will be the actual start of my life. For the first time I feel like I processed and even conquered the difficulties and traumas of the past. Now I will only look at the future and take matters firmly into my own hands so as to eventually become the man I want to become. A man able to take the lead when needed. A man who is reliable with shoulders strong enough for others to lean on. A man with a purpose and a vision. A man of value.
That brings me to the reason why I decided to create this blog. It will help to keep a record of this gradual transformation. A metamorphosis from a somewhat boyish young man -jeopardizing his freedom and independence by wallowing too much into the mire of the past until it leads to demotivation and inertia- to a strong character ready to express his will and with his eyes at all times directed to the future.
The blog will be something like a public journal. And because of its open nature it might be more than just a storage room for my streamlined thoughts, actions and activities... perhaps it can be a vessel floating on an infinite ocean of possibilities but guiding me eventually to save shores. So for those of you who read this, feel free to help orientate this vessel so that it won't get lost on the high seas of life.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten